Offer Letter Generator
The customer (“Customer”), a global management consulting, technology services and Outsourcing company manages business processes of its clients (“Client”) in insurance, Banking and other verticals from its locations situated across the world was looking for an Offer Letter Generator. The process under discussion deals with preparing Offer Letters on behalf of the HR department of the Client.
The client is a leading FMCG company with operations across the globe. Our Customer’s BPO wing handles preparation of Offer, Promotion, Transfer and Termination Letters for all of the Client’s units. The information required to prepare the Offer Letter and Attachments is filled by the
Recruiter or HR representative at their respective units through a predefined Input Form in MS Excel or MS Word. The process of converting the data from the Input Form into a final Letter is time-consuming and error prone.
Important steps in this process are:
- The Input Forms are checked for mandatory fields, to ensure that the required information is available.
- The Input forms are checked for valid dates, such as future joining date for Offer Letter.
- The Client’s ERP (People Soft) is checked for corresponding Position Data. For example, for an Offer Letter the ERP is checked if such a Position exists and that the position is vacant. In cases of Promotions, Transfers and Terminations, the ERP is checked if the Employee in the Input Form exists at the corresponding position.
- Selection of Letter Template. The processor has to select one template from many of templates kept for this purpose. Letter templates vary for each country, unit, language and position and type. There are nearly 300 different types of Letter Templates from which a correct template has to be selected. The processor has to analyse the data carefully and has to remember and apply the current business rules to select the right type of template. Sufficient training and experience is required for a Processor to carry out this step correctly.
- Selection of Attachments. The Letter is also accompanied with attachments such as Holiday rules, Medical benefits and Non Disclosure Agreements. The processor has to select currently valid attachments.
- Fill in the templates. The Letter and Attachment templates contain place holders for filling in the candidate information. The processor has to carefully transfer the data from Input Form and Clients ERP to the selected templates. The data may have to be computed, formatted and merged before it reaches the respective position in the selected template.
- Meet the SLA requirements. The QC check must ensure that the correct letter and attachments with accurate information reaches the candidate.
- The letter formats and the rules for selecting the templates undergo frequent changes. The team must keep track of these changes.
Solution: An Offer Letter Generator
The Offer Letter Generator developed by us carries out the following operations automatically.
- The data in the Input Form are read and checked for missing data. The solution has provision to define data extraction rules for the Input Forms.
- The date values are checked against predefined rules.
- The Position Number in the Input form is used to communicate with Peoplesoft ERP application to obtain the Position Data and apply predefined validation rules.
- The correct Letter Template is selected.
- The correct set of attachments is selected.
- The data extracted from the Input Form and Peoplesoft are transferred to the correct position in the selected templates.
- The QC check is simplified Version control for Input Form, Selection Criteria and Letter template ensure that all changes are correctly authorized and tracked.
Our Offer Letter Generator generated significant benefits in business and operational value.
- Higher Productivity: The Letter Generation Process for a candidate is now completed within one minute as against 30-45 required before introduction of our solution.
- Accuracy: Accuracy is improved.
- Training: The Training needs are reduced.
- Service Level Agreements for Quality and Time of Response are met.